I have brother printer and want to setup brother mfc-6490cw wireless network using windows and mac. Therefore, setup brother printer by following the technical steps given in the article and print on wireless network. First, need to remove incompatible printer drivers.
Sometimes the problem can be caused by incompatible printer drivers. In addition, installing a previous printer can prevent new printers from being added to the print spooler. Thus, you can try uninstalling those outdated drivers and reinstalling them. Once, done the installation next is easy to setup brother mfc-6490cw wireless printer
- Press Windows + R, type print management. MSc, and press Enter.
- This will open the print management, here In the left pane, click All Drivers.
- Now, in the right pane of the window, right-click the printer driver and select Uninstall.
- If you see more than one printer driver name, repeat the above steps.
- Then restart windows and try again to add the printer and install its drivers.
How to setup brother mfc-6490cw to wireless network
Enter the IP address or name of the computer where the shared printer is physically installed. For a network printer, enter the IP address of the printer. If you do not know the IP address of the computer to which the printer is physically connected and shared not going to easy setup brother mfc-6490cw wireless printer.
- Press Windows + R, type cmd, and ok.
- Now enter IP config and hit enter.
- Look for the IPv4 address for the computer’s IP address in the black window.
- Add a new port, Now click OK and then click Next.
- Select your printer model from the driver installation directory, click Next.
- If you have a disc, insert the disc, click Have Disk and navigate to the location of the driver on the disc.
- Click okay. Type in the name of your new printer.
- Click Next. Print a test page to test the connection. And click Finish.
Brother mfc-6490cw wireless setup windows 10
Configure Windows Registry. First of all, stop the print spooler service from the services console. Now press Windows + R, type Regedit and ok to open the Registry Editor.
Back up the registry database and navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet001 Control Print Printers * YOUR PRINTER NAME * Copy Files. Delete the “ICM” folder which is located under the “Copy Files” folder. Then close Registry Editor and restart Windows for the changes to take effect. Now try connect mfc-6490cw printer again, this time the problem is fixed. If the first option failed to fix, then here is another registry setting, first open Windows 10 services and stop the print spooler service. Then go to the next key. Registry tweak to fix adding printer error. Here, right-click on Client-Side Rendering Print Service Provider and select Delete. start the print spooler service again and restart your computer to save the changes. Did these solutions help to setup Brother mfc-6490cw wireless on Windows that cannot connect to the printer?