Why my setup brother mfc 7840w wireless printer shows error on Windows 10. Sometimes, when you try to add a shared network printer. You may receive the error “Windows cannot connect to the mfc 7840w printer, the operation failed with error 0x0000007e. This error most often occurs because after install printer on windows 10 or windows 7.
Also, sometimes the print spooler is damaged or the incorrect result of the printer driver installation cannot setup to brother mfc 7840w printer operation failed with error 0x00000c1. If you are also struggling with this error, unable to connect to your network printer, there are several solutions to apply here.
How do I setup my brother mfc 7840w wireless printer
When windows brother mfc 7840w wireless setup. Before applying anything, sometimes restarting the printer can solve the problem. Turn off the printer and disconnect it, wait 30 seconds, reconnect the printer, and then turn it back on.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc, and ok to open the service console,
- Scroll down and find the Print Spooler Service.
- Right-click on the print spooler and select restart.
- If the service is not running, right-click on the print spooler select properties,
- Change the startup type automatically and start the service next to the service status.
- Click OK and Apply to save your changes.
- Now try connecting to a network printer.
How to setup brother mfc 7840w on wireless network
Manually copy the mscms.dll file to the driver installation folder – the best working solution to setup brother printer problem. As said, the main reason for this is windows cannot connect to the printer mfc 7840w error file Mscms.dll. This mscms.dll is a colored module that may not reach its target folder. You can manually copy this mscms.dll file to fix setup brother mfc 7840w wireless printer problem.
- Go to the following folder: C: Windows system32
- Search for mscms in the above directory and right-click then select copy.
If you have 32-bit Windows installed, go to the following folder and paste the previously copied mscms.dll file into it:
C: windows system32 spool drivers w32x86 3
And, if you have 64-bit Windows installed, go to the following folder and paste the previously copied file into it:
C: windows system32 spool drivers x64 3
Restart your Windows computer to save your changes and try connecting to the remote printer again. If it fails to connect, re-add the printer and check.
Brother mfc 7860dw wireless setup manual
- Open the control panel,
- Find and select Devices and Printers.
- Click Add Printer in the top menu.
- Windows will scan for available shared printers on the local network.
- If you do not see your printer in the list, click on the link ‘The printer I want is not listed.’
- Here On the next screen, select “Add a local printer or a network printer with manual settings” And click “Next”.
Select Create New Port
Then, from the Port Type dropdown list, select Standard TCP / IP Port and click Next. Here, enters the printer address in the Printer Port Name field in the following format: \ IP address or computer name printer name. For example, \ 192.168.1.50 HP LaserJet Pro M1136.