First, check that printer is not connected to your computer. Next, start process for setup brother mfc490cw. Open the “System” menu, go to “Administration” and open the Synaptic package manager. The Synaptic package management window opens. In the “Options” menu, select “Deposits”.
The selection window opens. Alt Linux archive. Mark the “birds” in the first four lines and press the “OK” button. The system will remind you that you need to update information about what is available in the selected repositories. This is done simply – the button in the upper left corner with two blue arrows makes Synaptic. Apply selected repositories and download information about the available packages. If errors occur while updating the lists – press the “OK” button (does not refer to today’s lesson).
Wait a while for the package list to be updated and click the “Search” button. In the search form, type foo2zjs. At the top right of the synaptic will return a list of packages, select the package in the description that says that just foo2zjs, and even brother mfc490cw printers can serve. Right-click on it and select “Mark for installation”. Then look for the package, also note for Brother printer setup. Synaptic will offer to install a bunch of packages – agree. Then press the “Apply” button (green bird), wait, while the package management program downloads and installs the necessary packages. The print filter is now installed. It remains to “explain” how to setup brother mfc-490cw wireless printer. To do this, open the terminal and become the superuser.
How do I setup my brother mfc490cw printer to my wireless network
Follow the steps and connect brother printer to Wi-Fi with or without cable. Check FAQ and setting up the printer on wireless network.
- Type the command to download the “firmware” file from our server.
- If you have another printer, you need to download the firmware image file for it. The list of files on our server is displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Then run the command arm2hpdl _sihp1020.img \ u003e sihp1020.dl.
- As a result, we must have the file1010.dl. Copy this file to / var / lib / foo2sjz / firmware.
- cp sihp1020.dl / var / lib / foo2sjz / firmware.
- Now we connect the printer to the computer.
- If brother mfc490cw rustled and the indicators on the panel (green and orange) started flashing, so everything was done correctly,
- The system recognizes the device as a printer, and foo2zjs gave it “firmware”. If this does not happen, you can try to “pack” it yourself. In the terminal,
- Execute the command cat /var/lib/foo2zjs/firmware/sihp1020.dl\u003e / dev / usblp0
- Write the contents of the sihp1020 file to the usblp0 file (the firmware file in the printer file).
- Then open our browser and go to the CUPS Control Center, from which configure the printer.
- Sophisticated in this process is nothing, the only thing you should pay attention to when choosing Brother printer driver – you should choose one that contains «foo2zjs» in the title. And you can call the terminal
- Brother configuration (for a good reason I installed the graphics shell), and in the usual graphics environment continue installing the kernel.
- In step 4, Download the Firmware from the Internet. The installer downloads the firmware file itself. Unfortunately, this process is not displayed in any way and have to wait for 2 to 5 minutes.
- After the printer installation is complete, print the test page.
Well, that’s all, you setup brother mfc490cw printer on wired and wireless network using windows and mac.