Connecting the Printer Directly. First, connect brother mfc-j497dw to Wi-Fi according to the instructions “Connecting a printer”. The default printer connection is CIFS, but if your printer does not print, change the connection type to Direct.
- On the Applications page, you can manage the connected printers.
- Click on the connected printer entry.
- In the “Printer Settings” window that appears, in the “Connection Type” field, set the “Direct” value.
- For this type of connection, the default port number is 9100.
- If unnecessary, we do not recommend changing the preset value of the port number.
Note: Make sure that the firewall (firewall) on the computer is not blocking the printer (the spoolserv.exe print spooler process accesses port 9100 of the Kinetic). For more information, check with the manufacturer of the firewall used on your computer and connect to Wi-Fi. Port 9100 is the default for RAW and can be changed. The port used by your printer can be viewed in the printer properties for your operating system.
How do I connect my brother printer to Wi-Fi mfc-j497dw
Complete the printer setup in Windows. In example, connect brother mfc-j497dw to Wi-Fi and install printer on windows operating system.
- Launch “Options”, go to the “Devices” menu in the “Printers and Scanners” section.
- Click Add Printer or Scanner to launch a wizard to help you set up your printer.
- Add Printer Wizard will appear. Specify “Add a local or network printer with manual parameters”.
Note: In Windows 7, in the “Select the type of printer to install” window, click on “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”.
- Select Create New Port and set the Port Type to Standard TCP / IP Port.
- In the next window, in the “Name or IP address” field, enter the local IP address of the (192.168.1.1 by default).
- In the next window, in the “Device type” section, in the “Typical” field, you must specify the value “Hewlett Packard Jet Direct” (uses the RAW protocol and the default TCP / 9100 port number).
Connect brother mfc j497dw Wi-Fi direct
Direct connection type and can be selected when installing printers from different manufacturers.
- Next, the printer driver installation window will appear.
- Select the manufacturer and model of your printer from the list provided, and if the printer you want is not listed, install the driver from the disk.
- Typically, an installation CD is provided with the printer. If you do not have the device manufacturer’s installation disc.
- Download the printer driver from the Internet (for example, from the manufacturer’s official website).
- Download the driver, unzip it to a folder on your hard drive and then specify the path to this driver.
- Click Finish to complete the Add Printer Wizard.
- Make sure a printer has been added under Printers & Scanners.
- Refer to the printer properties.
- Click the Ports tab.
- For more options, click the Configure Port button.