My brother printer shows offline message on the Windows 7 computer and can’t print the document in wired and wireless mode. However, how to change printer offline status and turn back online with an easy method. Generally, There are numerous reasons behind the “offline “ printer. Make sure Brother printer softwares is up-to-date and hardwares too.
Steps to turn Brother printer offline to online on windows 7
Turn back your brother printer on printing mode by following technical steps. In addition, you may need to update printer softwares (check windows 7), or change the printer and computer hardwares such as Ethernet cable, USB cable, power cable etc.
- Turn ON the printer and computer.
- Connect with the wifi router using ethernet cable or wireless mode as per printer specifications.
- Go to the windows 7 start Button and click on it.
- Next, Tap on “Devices and Printers” and open a new windows screen.
- In the list of printers, right click on your printer and check for updates(if softwares updates required).
- Download the brother printer drivers as per windows 7 specification from the official website of printers.
- Reboot the computer and printer and try to test a printer page.
Why Brother printer keeps going offline on windows 7
Brother printer is offline in windows 7. How do I get it back online by following technical steps?
- Go to the windows 7 start button and click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Find your printer under Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click on it and check Set as default printer.
- Try printing a file to see if it works.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Why is my printer showing offline brother?
Ans: Open “Devices and Printers” in windows 7 and go to the printer list. Next, right-click on your printer and see what printer is printing. In the pop-up window, tap the Printer. Then make sure Use Printer Offline is unchecked.
Q: What Does It Mean When a Brother Printer Status is Offline?
Ans: In such a case, try reinstalling or updating your printer driver to solve the problem and setup brother printer again. Next, install the softwares on computer and reboot the printer.
Q: Why is my Brother printer showing offline but is on?
Ans: Disable the SNMP status enabled function. Click Configure Port under Bread Ports. Then uncheck SNMP Status Enabled and click Okay to save the changes.