There are numerous reasons behind the Brother printer offline Windows 10. In contexts of “printer offline” problem first, find the cause, or fault behind the offline printer error in windows 10 computer, or laptop. Make sure computers have compatible printer softwares and up-to-date hardwares.
Furthermore, Download the latest version of brother printer drivers from the official website of the printer. For downloading softwares in Windows 10, simply go to the desktop start button and type for “check for update”. A windows softwares screen opens and looks at the printer drivers updates (if required). Next, click to update the drivers in windows 10 and reboot the printer and computer to test a print page.
How to change Brother printer from offline to online windows 10
Sometimes when trying to print a document, a printer offline message appears. Although both Windows 10 and the brother printer are in an offline state. Follow the few steps to Repair Printer Offline Problem.
- Search Control panel in taskbar search for “ Printers and Scanners” and click on to go to the control panel.
- Open Printer menu screen.
- Right-click on your printer icon and click on the Manage.
- Check the option that says Set as default printer.
- Next, right-click again and click to see what is printing.
- Now, make sure to uncheck the option saying to use the printer offline.
How to fix Brother printer offline windows 10
Re-install the Brother printer and turn printer status offline to online.
- Go back to the Control Panel > View Devices and Printers and right-click on your printer.
- Next, click on printer properties.
- Tap on the Port tab. Now, click on add port.
- Select Standard TCP / IP Port and click on New Port.
- If you do not know the IP of your printer, you can go to the website of your printer company manufacturer to find the IP of your printer.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: How to bring an offline brother printer online on Windows 10?
Ans: Update the brother printer driver and fix brother printer offline error.. Right-click tcrhe start menu and click Device Manager to open the device manager. Now, expand the print queues and right click and update your printer driver.
Q: Why is my Brother printer offline on Windows 10?
Ans: Restart the spooler service. Press Windows key + r and open Run Command Box. Now, type services.msc in the text field and hit enter. Now, look to start the service. Note: – If the service is already running, just click restart service.
Q: How do I stop my brother printer from going offline on Windows 10?
Ans: Run the Windows 10 printer troubleshooter. Download Windows 10 Printer Troubleshooter. Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter window. It will attempt to fix and troubleshoot your printer.