How to fix Brother printer is offline error on mac. Sometimes, you may encounter the problem of not being able to print on Mac. Because, the printer keeps disconnecting and the printer does not respond to printing commands. Therefore, change a printer from offline mode to online mode by following given steps.
Once a USB or network printer is added to a Mac computer. You can send it documents to print. However, it can sometimes happen that a command from the printer causes an error and takes the printer offline, causes all jobs to print. To solve problem, download and install the latest version of brother printer drivers as per MacBook operating version.
How to get Brother printer back online Mac
When the Brother printer shows offline messages on mac. The reason why the printer is offline on Mac can be due to various reasons. Printer ranging from the simple event of the printer going into sleep mode to incorrect printer settings and problems with the USB ports or Wi-Fi network. In most cases, the problem can be fixed using the Reset Printing System option as available on Mac.
After resetting the printing system, you will need to add brother printer on mac. The first step turns OFF the printer or in sleep mode. Make sure there are no errors or blinking lights and that there is enough paper available in the input tray. If the printing problem is due to a small software bug or connectivity bug, it can often be fixed by restarting the printer. Reboot the printer and wait for a while. After restarting the printer, try to print something. If you still see the error “The printer is offline”, go to the next method.
How to fix Brother printer offline Mac
A system restart of the printer will remove the printer from Mac, allowing you to start over by adding the printer back to your device.
- Click on the Apple Menu Icon and click on “System Preferences”.
- On the System Preferences screen, click “Printers & Faxes”.
- Next screen, right-click the Offline Printer and click the Reset Printing System option in the context menu.
- In the pop-up window, click Restart to confirm.
Note: You may be asked to enter your Admin User ID and Password. After the printing system restarts, add the printer again and try to print something.
How do i stop my brother printer from going offline mac
- Open the Start menu and click the “Printers and Faxes” icon.
- Then a window will open with a list of all the printers currently installed on your computer.
- Double-click the icon of the printer that you want to change to connect.
- A pop-up window will open detailing all waiting print jobs.
- Uncheck and “Use Printer Offline” mode.
- It will switch the printer from offline mode to online mode.
- Open system preferences by clicking on the dock icon.
- Go to the printer and fax control panel which is in the Hardware category.
- Select the printer you want to connect from the list on the left side of the screen. Click the “Resume Printer” button at the top of the queue window to bring the printer online.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: How do I change my brother printer from offline to online on mac?
Ans: Re-install the printer on mac and turn the brother printer offline to online. Go to “Settings and features”. Then in “Printers and Scanners”. Click on the “+” sign at the bottom left. Choose the printer to install by clicking on it. Install the printer by clicking “Add” at the bottom right. Wait for macOS to install the printer drivers and then exit the screen.
Q: Why is my brother printer keeps going offline mac?
Ans: Printer always keeps going offline because of faulty “Softwares and Hardwares”. Make sure computer have latest version of printer drivers along with the Hardware Equipment such as power cable, Ethernet cable, USB Cable etc.