Brother Printer Offline in Windows 11 is common and nothing is more frustrated than printer does not respond. Getting an error message, your printer is offline, or in the control panel window, devices, and properties that your printer status offline. Well, if the Printer shows offline, it means that it has problems communicating with the computer. The reason could be from connectivity issues to a malfunction of your printer. The biggest order is due to a missing or problematic driver for your printer. Whatever the reason, follow the solutions to fix and change the printer status from offline to online.
How to change your Brother printer from offline to online in windows 11
The printer status is offline. Which means it has a problem communicating with your device. First, check the connectivity between your computer and the printer.
Check the computer on the same network again, you can confirm the same thing using the ping command. If you are connected to a VPN, try disconnecting and checking the status of the printer. Restart the computer and the printer that is repairing the temporary malfunction that may set the active printers offline, even if they are connected and fully operational. Try deleting all print jobs by clicking “Cancel all documents on the printer”. This will clear the print queue and allow you to restart the model.
Note: Download latest brother printer drivers if required.
Why is my Brother Printer Offline windows 11
- Open the windows control panel, and type “Printers and Scanners”.
- This will display the list of installed printers, locate the printer you want to change online
- Right-click it and make sure you set the printer as default,
- Again, right-click on that printer and this time select “see what’s printing”
- New window will open, click Printer. Here, if you see a checkmark next to Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline, remove them to change the status of the printer from offline to online.
Steps to Fix Brother Printer Offline in Windows 11
- Open the control panel, then the “Printers and Scanners” section.
- Go to the Ports tab and make sure the appropriate port is selected (USB01).
- After making this small change, make sure the printer is working properly.
How do I Fix Brother printer offline in windows 11
The print spooler is the most important utility or software interface that controls the order in which documents are printed. And the print spooler service must be running to complete the print job or the printer to work properly.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc, and click OK.
- This will open the Windows service console, scroll down and find Print Spooler. See if its status is working.
- If it runs, right-click the print spool service, select restart.
- If you can’t see their status here, the print spool service hasn’t started.
- Double-click the print spooler to open its properties.
- Change the startup type automatically and start the service next to the service status.
- Click Apply and check that your printer is online now.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Brother printer offline IN windows 11 how to turn online ?
Ans: Run the built-in printer troubleshooting tool that helps you fix Brother Printer Offline problems, detect and resolve driver issues, connectivity issues, restart printer-related services, and more. Look for troubleshooting in the start menu and select the troubleshooting settings. Click the additional troubleshooting link (see image below). Now locate the printer, select it, and click the run debug tool. It will start detecting and diagnosing problems that are preventing the printer from working properly. Once the diagnostic process is complete, restart your computer and printer, it should help you fix the offline condition of the printer.
Q: How to Fix Brother printer offline wireless network?
Ans: All printers need a printer driver installed on your computer for them to communicate and work. and faulty or outdated printer drivers can also lead to an offline printer error. Remove the old printer driver and install the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Q: What to do when brother printer offline but not?
Ans: You can download and install the latest printer driver manually by accessing the manufacturer’s website and searching for the latest correct driver. Open “Devices and Printers” from the computer control panel. locate and right-click the printer you want to remove and select “remove”. Click Yes when the confirmation dialog appears. Now press Windows + R, type app wiz.cpl and click ok. This will open the program and features window, see if your printer is listed. Restart your computer.