Want to print via MacBook air, first install or add Brother printer on mac . Go to the mac “System Preferences” and click on the “Printers and Scanners”, and open printer windows. Next, click on the + icon and Add Button. Mac search for the available printer and click to add printer from the printers list and test a printer page.
In most cases, when adding a printer, mac OS uses Air-Print to connect to the printer, or automatically downloads brother printer drivers (also called a printer driver). Therefore, install the software that came with the printer or download the software from the printer official website. Follow the instructions in one of the following sections and macOS will prompt you to download the latest software if needed.
Why is unable to add brother printer on mac. If your printer does not support AirPrint. If the printer supports Air-Print, it is compatible with mac OS.
How to connect Brother printer to mac with USB Cable
If your mac printer is using or updated with the latest version of printer software as per specification then follow the easy method to install Brother printer on mac with USB Cable.
- Go to the Apple menu and “System Preferences”.
- Click Software Update and install the listed software updates.
- No updates available means macOS is using the latest information about the printer software that Apple provides for download.
- If you do not do this, when you connect the printer, a message may appear on the screen stating that the printer software is not available.
- Prepare the printer: Follow the instructions that came with the printer to unpack it.
- Reboot the printer and computer and insert the USB Cable from one port in the mac and another cable corner in the printer.
- Go to system menu and “system and preferences”, “printers and scanners”, click on the add printer +icon at the box right-bottom corner and add printer.
Important! If your Mac has one USB-C port, use a multi-port adapter. Connect the printer, then plug the USB-C cable into a power source to recharge the Mac battery. See About the USB-C port. To add brother printer to mac for use with a USB cable, see Adding a machine with Different Settings.
How to Install Brother printer on mac Wireless
When can’t install brother printer on mac without USB cable. Now adding Wi-Fi or Network Printer if the Mac and the printer are already connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The printer may be immediately available for printing without setting up. To test this, choose File> Print, choose Printers Nearby or “Printers and Scanners” Settings
from the Printer pop-up menu, and then choose your printer.
First MacBook and printer connect to the same Wi-Fi router. Open the Apple Menu and search for “printers”. A printer screen open and see your local printer in the printers list. If not listed then click on the +icon and search for printer model and install printer manually.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Steps to Install Brother printer on MacBook Air?
Ans: Turn ON the printer and mac, connect with the same WIFI router using the password. Now Open the mac start button and click on “system preferences”, click on “printer and scanners”. Open printer windows and click on the +icon to add the printer wirelessly.
Q: How to add a Brother printer to a mac Manually?
Ans: Make sure printer and computer distance is limited and appropriate. Now check the Printer softwares version on the Apple. If not required to Update simply, connect the printer and MacBook with the USB Cable. Now go to the mac “system” and open “printers” menu and click to add the printer.